Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
General

Phantom of Hogwarts by Good_Witch [Reviews - 29]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

This is part 2 of chapter 76, due to limits on word count. :)

Hermione immediately turned worried eyes to Snape. “You may say everything will be all right, but I’m still scared.”

Snape cupped her face in his hands and said, “Don’t be. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“You could go to Azkaban!”

Snape blinked at the force of her declaration, then shook his head. “I doubt it. I daresay the worst they could do would be to fire me and bar me from teaching again, which they can’t do since I’ve already resigned, and I’m never going to teach again anyway, so what would it matter?”

Hermione just stared at him, her expression unconvinced. “Do you really think Dumbledore will be able to help?”

Snape shrugged and nodded cautiously. “He may not be the one making the decisions, but he has a great deal of influence over almost everyone in the Ministry. Even him just having a blasé attitude about the whole situation may be enough to sway some minds.”

Hermione chewed her lower lip and sighed heavily through her nose. “I hope so. I wonder how long before their dratted owl gets here. I hate this suspense!”

Snape snorted and hugged her again. “I’m sure it’ll be here soon enough. There’s nothing we can do about it, so why worry?”

Hermione uttered an inarticulate noise of incredulity and backed away, rolling her eyes. Favouring him with an aggrieved glare, she said, “Because it’s important, that’s why. Whenever it is on Monday, even if I’m not required to show up, I’m going to be there.”

Snape frowned. “That’s not necessary. If they only wish to see me, you needn’t be there.”

Hermione planted her hands on her hips and glared stubbornly at him. “It’s necessary if I say it’s necessary! I’m not about to just let you go suffer their accusations alone!”

“I’m sure Albus will be there—“

“And so will I! You said you’re not ashamed of us, and neither am I. I will be there to support you whether you want me to or not!”

Her vehement statement seemed to hang in the air, and all eyes flicked between her aggressive stance and Snape’s scowl in response as McGonagall and the Grangers stumbled into the living room in front of the pair.

After a moment of charged silence, Dione Granger said, “Support you where, and for what?”

Hermione blinked and shook herself, relaxing from her hostile posture and crossing to her parents as McGonagall furtively placed the pot of Floo powder on the mantel and edged past them toward the dining room.

Hermione stopped short, unsure whether or not her parents would accept a welcoming hug. Shooting an apprehensive look at her mother and then her father, she exhaled in relief when her mother opened her arms, letting Hermione collapse against her mother with a fervent embrace.

When Hermione backed away and stepped toward her father, he cleared his throat and cut a mutinous glance at Snape, but lifted his arms to embrace his daughter. While they were still hugging, Dione repeated, casting a significant look at Snape, “Support you where, and for what?”

Hermione released her father and turned around, saying, “Dumbledore sent us a message warning us that the Ministry will be having a meeting Monday about Severus. I merely told him that I would be there.”

Snape interjected once again, “And I told her that wouldn’t be necessary.”

“What sort of meeting?” Geoff frowned and flicked another glance at Snape.

Snape sighed and lifted his chin, settling his shoulders. “I don’t have the details, as the Ministry’s owl hasn’t arrived yet, but according to Albus, it’s a meeting about my alleged misconduct.”

Dione gasped, covering her mouth with one hand. Geoff narrowed his eyes and said, “Why don’t you want Hermione there? Ashamed to be seen with her?”

Dione and Hermione gasped, indignant, but it was McGonagall’s squawk of shock from the doorway into the dining room that drew everyone’s attention. Before Snape or Hermione could form an angry retort, she spoke.

“Rubbish! How could you even say that? Mr. Granger, I know you’re as surprised as the rest of us, but how could you ever accuse Severus of something so awful?”

Geoff had the grace to look abashed, and Hermione faced McGonagall, a faint smile on her face as she said, “Thank you, Minerva; that’ll do.”

McGonagall tossed her head with a lofty “Hmph!” and pinned Geoff with a gimlet stare.

Hermione lifted her hands to her face, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. Raking her hands through her hair, she said, “All right. Let’s just forget about that for now. When the owl gets here, we can deal with it then.” She opened her eyes and flashed a meaningful glare at Snape, then schooled her expression into a more pleasant one, saying, “Mum, Dad, welcome to Spinner’s End. Would you like to see the house?”

Snape stepped forward and withdrew his wand. Gesturing at the soot on their clothing, he politely said, “If I may…?”

Dione squeaked, “Oh!” After an unsuccessful attempt to pat the dirt away, she, too, collected her manners and said, “Yes, please.”

Snape cast a cleansing charm over both of the Grangers, then waved at the rest of the room. “Obviously, this is the living room. Through that door is the dining room, and out there is the entrance hall.”

Dione gave her husband a measured look and he huffed, tugging at his shirt. Apparently resolving to be on his best behaviour, Geoff said, “A tour would be lovely.”

Hermione let Snape lead the way, just as she had with McGonagall earlier. Snape told them about the renovations, but didn’t go into as much detail as he had with McGonagall about his work or all the plans for the new company. When they got to the basement lab, however, she gasped with the realization that she still hadn’t taken the potion. Turning wide eyes to Snape, she tilted her head at the cauldron and murmured, “Have you finished it yet?”

Snape grimaced, as it was in stasis, not done. His voice was low in response. “Not yet.”

Dione gingerly stepped closer to the workstation, peering into the cauldron and eyeing the rest of the equipment with wonder. “What is it?”

Snape and Hermione exchanged an awkward glance. Snape swallowed hard. In the background they heard McGonagall’s soft snort of amusement.

“Didn’t you tell me it was something for Fern, Severus?” McGonagall’s lips twitched and her eyes glowed with suppressed mirth.

Both Snape and Hermione looked at McGonagall, blinking in astonishment that she would volunteer a lie to the Grangers just to help them out of a sticky spot.

Snape said, “Ye-e-es, of course.”

But before anyone else could say anything, McGonagall’s lips spread in a wicked smirk and she added, “A contraceptive potion, wasn’t it?”

Dione’s startled “Oh!” blended with Snape’s strangled cough and Hermione’s gasp of disbelief. Dione jerked back from the cauldron and hastily backpedalled toward Geoff, her cheeks flushing. Snape felt his face warming in spite of himself, partly in mortification and the rest in resentment that McGonagall would purposefully pull such a stunt on them.

His trenchant glare merely received a cocky smirk, followed by a raise of the eyebrows and a look that plainly said, “Payback.”

In a too-bright voice, Hermione said, “Well, now you’ve seen everything! Why don’t we go back upstairs and relax?”

She gestured toward the stairs, and the Grangers were only too happy to depart. Hermione tossed an aggrieved grimace over her shoulder as she followed them.

McGonagall stepped toward the stairs, but Snape blocked her path, glowering fiercely. “I suppose you thought that was funny?”

She pursed her lips and whispered, “That’s just a taste of what you put me through, young man. No harm done.”

Snape rolled his eyes and growled, “With friends like you…”

McGonagall patted his arm, her smile smug. “No one needs enemies, dear, we simply have them anyway.” Then, with another pat, she edged past him and climbed the stairs.

Snape grimaced as he followed her, but when he arrived in the kitchen, his irritation faded at the sight of Hermione standing at the kitchen window, watching an owl fly away into the mellow evening sunlight. She was gripping an envelope, her knuckles white.

“It just arrived?” Snape extended his hand for the letter.

“Yes.” Her expression was taut with worry as she watched him open it.

Dione, Geoff, and McGonagall quietly crowded in the doorway from the dining room.

Snape stuffed the letter back in the envelope and said, “Albus was right. I’m required to attend an inquest Monday morning at 10 a.m.” He spread his hands and his voice was nonchalant as he leant against the kitchen counter and added, “That’s all.”

Hermione’s eyes narrowed and she muttered, “That’s enough, I’d say.” Then, heaving a sigh, she said, “There was only the letter for you. Nothing for me. Did yours say anything about me needing to show up?”

Snape shook his head. “I’m the authority figure in all this. If anything, they’ll simply assume I took advantage of you… like everyone else has.” He dropped his voice to a faint growl as he finished, crossing his arms over his chest and cutting a cynical look at the trio watching from the doorway.

McGonagall grimaced at him, Dione shot him a reproachful look, and Geoff merely glared.

Hermione voiced their thoughts. “Now, Severus, that’s not fair…”

Snape tossed his head, his jaw shoved forward in mulish defiance.

There was a heavy, awkward silence, until McGonagall cleared her throat and said, “Well, it’s nigh on dinner time, and I daresay you lot have plenty of things to discuss, so why don’t I leave you be.” She stepped into the kitchen and gripped Hermione’s hand. “You won’t be the only one there Monday morning. I’ll be right there with you.”

Hermione flashed a grateful smile and impulsively hugged her former teacher. “Thank you, Minerva.”

Crossing to Snape, McGonagall said, “I’m glad we had a chance to talk things over, Severus. I’ll see you Monday morning. And don’t forget to finish that potion for Fern.”

Snape rolled his eyes but briefly returned her embrace. “Fine.”

As she passed the Grangers on her way through the doorway, she said, “It was lovely to see you again. I do know things are quite overwhelming right now, but I must say: You’ve nothing to fear for Hermione. She’s completely safe with Severus.”

With that parting shot, McGonagall nodded pleasantly to everyone and exited into the living room, her voice saying, “Hogwarts, Professor McGonagall’s office,” floating back to them.

Dione met Geoff’s wary gaze and raised her eyebrows, tilting her head toward the kitchen. Wrinkling his nose and sucking on his teeth, Geoff responded with a sullen nod. They both returned to the doorway, looking at Snape and Hermione at the counters.

“So. What do you say to getting some dinner?” Dione was clearly attempting to ease the tension in the room.

Hermione glanced at Snape and said, “I don’t particularly feel hungry—my stomach is in knots—but I know I should eat something more substantial than tea sandwiches.”

Snape jerked his chin at the refrigerator. “I don’t have much to choose from. I had planned for us to go shopping once we had a chance to make a list. I did get some things for breakfast… not like we got to eat them.”

Hermione couldn’t help but snort at his rueful comment. “Well—” and she opened the refrigerator and pulled out eggs, bacon, sausages, butter, and tomatoes, placing them on the counter “—if you don’t mind, we can have it for dinner instead.” Opening a cupboard, she brought down a loaf of bread, then opened another cupboard to find the frying pans.

Dione took a pan from Hermione and said, “I think that would be fine. Why don’t you and I get everything ready, and Severus can finish his work?”

Hermione and Snape exchanged a look and Snape pushed away from the counter, saying, “Yes, I really do need to get that done.”

Hermione nodded at him and said, “Indeed. How would you like your eggs, dear?”

Sidling toward the door to the basement, Snape said, “Scrambled is fine. Thank you.”

Waving a whisk at him, Hermione said, “We’ll holler when it’s ready.”

With that, Snape hurried down to his lab. Dione briskly collected the remaining plates and tea service from the dining table while Hermione started frying bacon. Geoff, knowing better than to interrupt these women when they were focused on cooking something, ambled back into the living room.

His gaze wandered around the room, assessing the quality of his surroundings. If his daughter was going to be living here, it had better be good enough for her. After a few moments, he, too, was stopped by the framed photo of Snape and Hermione from the night they had gone to the play.

Crossing to the table, he picked up the picture, scrutinizing their expressions. Several beats later, his head drooped forward and his eyes closed. Exhaling slowly, he placed the frame back on the table and shoved his hands in his pockets. Finally, he straightened, opened his eyes, and looked at Hermione’s radiant smile in the photo. Nodding, he muttered, “All right. I see it.”

Hermione and Dione were busy whisking eggs and slicing tomatoes, frying everything. Geoff crept past them and quietly let himself through the door to the basement. His measured steps alerted Snape to his arrival.

Looking up, Snape blinked in surprise to see Geoff. Confused, he frowned and said, “Is dinner ready?”

Geoff shook his head. “No, it’ll be a while yet. I just… wanted to talk to you.”

Snape’s eyes widened warily. “All right. I do need to keep working, but I’m listening.”

Geoff approached the workstation, watching the concoction bubbling. Silence stretched on until it seemed to scream in the air around them. Eventually, Geoff backed away, leaning against another worktop and eyeing Snape intently. “Why Hermione?”

Snape froze for a moment, absorbing the wealth of meaning in such a simple question. Meeting Geoff’s gaze, he stated, “I’m in love with her.”

Shifting restlessly, Geoff repeated, “Why?”

Snape’s lips quirked and he said, “For the same reason you love her: because of who she is.” At Geoff’s raised brow, he continued, “You and I both know the myriad reasons to love Hermione: her impressive intellect, her fierce protective streak, her deep compassion, her loyalty, her capricious sense of humour and fun, her delightful smile, her integrity, her methodical nature, her enchanting voice, her profound work ethic, her expressive eyes, her capacity to love…” His voice faded and his gaze fell. After a beat, he cleared his throat and locked eyes with Geoff again. “She is as close to perfection as any woman can be, for me.”

Geoff stared at Snape, stunned speechless. His chest and throat kept tightening, and he felt damp heat prickling his eyes. Blinking furiously, he swallowed several times to dispel the lump Snape’s words had lodged in his throat. “I see.”

Returning his focus to the potion, Snape murmured, “I hope so, because I intend to marry your daughter and love her for the rest of our lives.”

Geoff coughed again, overwhelmed. “I-I’ll go check on dinner.”

Snape spared a glance at Geoff’s retreating form, smiling faintly to himself. I certainly hope that settles any doubts.

Geoff quietly entered the kitchen again, and, seeing progress, took over setting the table from Hermione. “Here, give me those,” he said to her as she piled cutlery on the stack of plates. “I’ll take care of that.”

Hermione blinked, staring in wonder at her father’s subdued demeanour. “Thanks, Dad.”

Geoff nodded and disappeared into the dining room. Hermione went back to dishing food onto serving plates, casting warming charms on them until everything was ready.

Dione quirked a smile at her and said, “Hmm, convenient, that.”

Hermione flashed her a grin, relieved that her mother, at least, seemed to be relaxing into the new dynamic, and was behaving normally. Making several trips to place the food and tea service on the table again, Hermione noticed her father standing by the table between the two front windows in the living room. She could only see his back, but she got the impression that he was sad. Sighing at the difficulty he was having at accepting her relationship with Snape, she returned to the kitchen to see that the food was ready, and her mother was filling a pitcher with water.

“I’ll get Severus.” Opening the door to the basement, Hermione called, “Severus, dinner’s ready!”

“I’ll be right there.”

She heard the tap running downstairs and assumed he was washing his hands. Heading into the dining room again, she noticed that her parents were both standing, looking at her awkwardly.

Dione said, “Um, where should we sit? We didn’t know where you two sat, and we don’t want to displace you.”

Hermione’s brows rose, and she was struck dumb for a moment. “Well, uh… we don’t have particular seats, as this is all new. So, yeah, wherever is fine.”

Geoff and Dione sat beside each other on one side of the table, and Hermione turned to see Snape walking in from the kitchen, still rubbing his hands together to finish drying them. Hermione sank into a chair and smiled at Snape as he sat down on her left.

“Smells wonderful, ladies.” He nodded at Hermione and her mother. Hermione beamed more and began passing around the serving dishes.

Everyone filled their plates, and Geoff said, “Wow! It’s all still hot.”

In unison, Snape and Hermione said, “Warming charms,” then whipped around to eye each other in amusement.

Dione snorted and muttered, “Lucky.”

Snape turned to face them again and caught Geoff’s eye, one corner of his lips quirking higher as he murmured, “In many ways.”

Geoff coughed, taken aback, then firmed his glare at Snape and countered, “More than you know.” Both men held each other’s gaze while the women looked on, puzzled. Then, Geoff inclined his head a fraction to Snape and Snape nodded back, breaking their connection with a faint satisfied smile.

After a brief silence, Geoff said, “Hermione, you said you plan to start your job Monday, and I remember you saying you needed a computer…”

“Yes. I know I’ll need to have access to the Internet for my research—at least, if I want to make things easier on myself. I haven’t had time to look yet.”

“Why don’t we go look around together on Monday—after we’re finished with whatever will happen at this meeting.” He flicked a glance at Snape, who had snapped his astonished gaze to Geoff. Before anyone could respond, he said, “Di, we need to have Lorna call our Monday appointments to reschedule.”

Hermione gaped at her father, eyes wide. “You’ll come?”

“If you’ll tell us how to get there.”

Breathing rapidly, fighting the tears that were welling up as much as the gratitude and relief that surged forth, Hermione said, “We’ll leave Floo powder with you when you go home tonight, and you can get there by Floo.” She glanced at Snape, who looked as dazed as she felt. Turning back to her parents, she rasped, “Thank you.”

Snape sat straight in his chair, soberly regarding the Grangers and considering the peace offering of Geoff’s gesture. Meeting their gaze frankly, he said, “Yes, thank you. I appreciate the support—we both do.” And with that, he turned a tender expression on Hermione and clasped her hand, lifting it and dropping a light kiss on their betrothal ring.

The rest of the evening passed cordially enough. After the leisurely dinner was over, Hermione and her mother cleared the table and Snape returned to the basement to complete the final stage of the potion.

When Dione started running the tap to wash the dishes, Hermione stopped her. With an impish grin, she flourished her wand and cast cleansing charms, leaving the dishes sparkling clean.

Leaning on a counter, Geoff said, “Oh, now that’s not fair.”

Hermione giggled and put the dishes away. “Sorry!”

Her parents shook their heads and snorted. Dione said, “How much longer do you think it’ll be before Severus is done?”

Hermione ducked her head and gestured for them to head into the living room. “Not long, I hope.”

They trooped into the living room and sat on the couch, but Hermione noticed an envelope on the hearth. Anxiously opening it, she let out a sigh of relief that it wasn’t from the Ministry, but instead was another note from Ginny.

“Hey, Hermione.

Just wanted to check in again. Pig came back okay so I know he found you and gave you my letter. I figured since you hadn’t called yet, you must have been busy. We’re still worried about you, so when you get a chance, please call me.

Ginny”


Dione said, “Anything important, dear?”

“It’s just another note from Ginny, Mum. I still haven’t had a chance to get back to her.”

“Well, why don’t you call her?”

Hermione blinked. “Well, uh, that’d be rude; you’re still here. And you’re company.”

Dione chuckled. “We’re family, not company. Go ahead and call her before it gets even later. I know we’re not the only people who were worried about you.”

“Um… all right.” Hermione tossed in a pinch of Floo powder and knelt on the hearth, saying, “The Burrow.”

The flames glowed green and Hermione stuck her head into the fireplace, closing her eyes at the spinning sensation. When it stopped, she opened her eyes to see the Burrow’s cozy kitchen.

“Hello?” Hermione didn’t see anyone immediately, so she raised her voice to hopefully carry down the corridor. She was rewarded with the sound of startled voices getting louder and trampling as Ginny, Ron, and Mr. Weasley came bounding in from the sitting room.

“Hermione!” Ginny and Ron cried in unison, skidding to a stop before the hearth and dropping to their knees, eyes wide. Mr. Weasley followed, but dragged a chair away from the table to sit in instead of joining his children on the floor.

“Hi, Ginny, Ron, Mr. Weasley. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but it’s been rather hectic around here.”

Mr. Weasley peered over his horn-rimmed glasses and said, “I imagine so.”

Ginny’s expression was anxious as she said, “Are you both all right?”

Hermione smiled and said, “We’re fine. Honestly. Listen, I want to thank you both for sticking up for me—“

Ron scowled and said, “How’d you know?”

Grimacing ruefully, Hermione said, “Professor McGonagall showed up on our doorstep this afternoon, rather unexpectedly. She told me that you two, and Neville and Parvati—and even Millicent—were defending us on the way out of Hogwarts. We appreciate it.”

Ron flashed a lopsided half-smile and rubbed the back of his neck. “I gave you my word.”

Ginny smiled at her brother, then said, “What’s going to happen to Snape? Dad said the Ministry was calling people in for a meeting.”

“Yes, Monday at 10 a.m., he’s been called to appear at a meeting. Professor McGonagall said she’d come, and my parents and I will be there too.”

Mr. Weasley said, “So your parents took it all right?”

Hermione flushed. “Not right away, but they’re here now, and we had dinner, and they seem to be accepting things. Um, I heard that Mrs. Weasley was upset. Is she still angry?”

Mr. Weasley coughed, and Ron and Ginny exchanged knowing glances. “She’s more—ah—disappointed with Professor Snape than angry with you. I must say, it doesn’t look good.”

Hermione shook her head and squirmed, then said, “Hang on a tick.” Backing into her own living room again, she turned to her parents and said, “I’ll be right back. This is hard on the knees…”

Struggling to her feet, she stepped into the Floo and ducked out in the Burrow’s kitchen, trying not to tread on Ron or Ginny. Everyone stood, and Ginny launched herself at Hermione, hugging her. When she released her, Ron embraced Hermione as well, just not as fiercely.

Hermione looked at Mr. Weasley and said, “What do you mean by ‘it doesn’t look good’?”

“Well, the whole thing is shocking, isn’t it? You’re young; he’s twice your age. He’s your teacher. He’s not had such a great reputation over the years. It looks pretty scandalous.”

Hermione nodded soberly at each charge. “I understand. But we have a response for every one of those…”

As she trailed off, she lifted her left hand, and Ginny barely stifled a squeal. Grabbing Hermione’s hand, she said, “Merlin’s pants! That’s gorgeous!”

Mr. Weasley frowned in confusion. “Clearly, that’s an engagement ring, but what difference does that make?”

Hermione pursed her lips, then said, “Betrothal charm.”

Mr. Weasley’s eyes went round, and he reared back, wrenching his glasses off and rubbing them with his robes. “Oh! Well, that does make things interesting.”

Ron and Ginny stared at their father, perplexed. Ron said, “What? Why?”

“I’ll explain later.” Slipping his glasses back on, Mr. Weasley said, “Albus knows?”

Hermione nodded. “Yes, and Severus used Legilimency to convince him of our true intentions.”

Brows rising, impressed, Mr. Weasley said, “Well then, you’ve got a formidable ally.”

“We know.” Hermione looked at Ron and Ginny. “So, is Harry still sulking?”

Ginny rolled her eyes and snorted. Ron muttered, “Yeah, the great stonking prat.”

Mr. Weasley uttered a chiding noise, but Ron tossed his head. Hermione nodded sadly. “I understand. I wish I had time to try to talk to him right now, but Severus is busy brewing, and my parents are still in our living room, so I really need to get back.” Gripping Ginny’s hand, she said, “Thanks for everything. I’ll let you know what happens Monday.”

Ginny stiffened, her expression determined. “You won’t need to, ‘cause I’ll be there, too.”

Ron said, “Yeah, me too!”

Beaming fondly at her friends, Hermione said, “Thanks. I’ll see you Monday morning, then!”

The three Weasleys chorused their goodbyes as Hermione stepped back into the green flames.

Appearing back in the living room, Hermione found Snape sitting awkwardly in an armchair while her parents waited on the couch. Crossing to Snape, she perched on the chair arm and wrapped her arm around Snape’s shoulders. “Finished with the potion?”

Snape nodded. “Where were you?”

“I was at the Burrow, talking to Ginny, Ron, and Mr. Weasley. Harry’s still brooding, and Mrs. Weasley is apparently ‘disappointed’ in you. But, I told them about the ring, and Mr. Weasley was pretty impressed, so that’s a point in our favour!”

Snape smirked. “Well, that was rather the point.”

Hermione looked at her parents and said, “At any rate, it’s been a long day for being such a short day… We’re going to leave a pot of Floo powder with you so you can visit more easily, just like today.”

Dione gave a tight smile. “Thank you, dear. It certainly beats the drive.”

Rising, Hermione took out her wand and said, “Accio empty potion vial.” A vial sailed up from the basement and made its way into the living room, where she snatched it out of the air. Pointing her wand at it, she transfigured it into a pot and poured some powder into it.

Dione and Geoff stood, and Snape shot to his feet. They all crossed to the hearth, and Hermione gave the pot to her father. Dione cleared her throat and said, “Thank you for having us over.” She met Snape’s eyes and said, her voice low, “You have a lovely home.”

Snape inclined his head and said, “Thank you. I’m glad you approve. It’s Hermione’s home as well.”

Geoff pinned Snape with a meaningful look and said, “I know.” Then, he looked at Hermione and said, “We’ll see you Monday morning. Don’t forget to let us know how to get there.”

Hermione, recognizing that her father had laid down arms, gave him a watery smile and hugged him, saying, “I won’t forget. And we’ll go shopping afterward, just like you said.”

Geoff patted her back and pulled away, then Dione hugged her as well. Before they could throw the powder into the fireplace, Snape extended his hand to Geoff. Geoff gripped it, and Snape said, “Thank you.”

Geoff nodded, and when they released each other’s hand, Snape turned to Dione. But, instead of shaking his hand, she stepped forward and embraced him, albeit briefly.

Then, the Grangers were stepping into the flames, and Hermione and Snape were saying goodbye, instinctively crowding closer and wrapping their arms around each other’s waist as they watched her parents spin out of sight.


Phantom of Hogwarts by Good_Witch [Reviews - 29]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved